Thursday, January 19, 2012

One last weekend...

...before I go back to work. It sucks and I'm looking forward to it all at the same time.

It sucks because I've enjoyed all the extra time I've gotten with Robbie and Ben. Even when I was laying on the couch in post op pain and/or sick as hell from the Loritab's, I got to see them way more than I would had I been at work for eight hours, four to five days a week.

I'm looking forward to it because on Sunday I'll have been off for a month and I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and being productive regularly again. As much as I go back and forth on liking/not liking my job, it will be nice. But at least now I can remind myself that with starting school in the fall, I won't be there much longer anyway.

So, for my last weekend as a free woman, I'll hopefully be taking my driving test tomorrow, which means being at the DMV by 7am as a walk-in. Ick. At least Robbie's on normal hours and I'll already be up, but still. The ass crack of dawn is still the ass crack of dawn no matter how you try to dress it up. Like putting a plumber in a tutu, the crack is still unattractive no matter what. Anyways. I say hopefully because Ben re-hurt his back at work tonight and is back at home, so he may not feel up to driving that much.

Regardless of whether I take the test or not, the rest of the plan for the weekend involves Robbie and I staying over at Ben's place, which is something we all love. We bring the Wii with us so Robbie has something else to keep him occupied, as well as a few of his movies, but he also plays on Ben's PS2. I'm going to get a few toys for him to keep over there tomorrow, maybe a bucket of Lego's and a couple other things so he's not always playing video games. Robbie loves the fact he has his own room there, something we can't do here due to space constrains. He got to pick out his Lightening McQueen sheets and blanket before we stayed the last time and it thrilled him to no end. His bed never stays made, usually the bedding ends up in the walk in closet in his room, where he will make a pallet on the floor to play, but that's a five year old for you.

So, yes, it's going to be a fun weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment