Thursday, December 29, 2011

I still want a hula hoop.

Christmas was a big hit this year. We did ours at home on Tuesday since Christmas Day was so busy. I don't think Robbie cared either way. The expression on his face when he finally realized there were more presents under the tree was absolutely priceless.

Robbie: "Mama! Mama! More presents! What happened?!?"
Me: "Santa came last night after you went to sleep."
Robbie: "Santa?!? He came?!?"
Me: "He sure did!"

He then turned and slowly walked back into the den, like he was in a dreamlike state, with this expression of absolute wonderment on his face.

The big overall was the Skylander starter set. Robbie has had his eye on it for awhile now after seeing the adverts on TV and playing wit the demo in stores. Ben got him the Trigger Happy figure for Christmas and Robbie wanted to play it then. He was a bit disappointed finding out he didn't have the game. He got a couple of triple packs of figures from Santa that he opened before getting to the starter set and had the same reaction. The starter set was the last present he opened. When he ripped the paper off and saw what it was, the roof about came off the house. I don't think I've ever seen this kid so happy over a particular present before.

"Mama! I got it, I GOT IT! YAY!!!"

He's been playing with it pretty much non stop since then. When we put on a movie, he'll usually bring all of the figures to the couch and just play with those. He really likes how you can play it on the game and play with the figures when you're not playing the game.

All in all, it was a great day. Santa brought presents for everyone, so I guess that means we were all good. My take was Tremors, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Cowboys & Aliens, all on Blu-Ray. I can't believe I finally own a copy of Nightmare. It's my favorite movie ever, so you'd have thought I'd have owned it by now, but nope. I don't know why I never got around to buying it, I just never did. I can't wait to watch it with Robbie. He knows who Jack Skellington is from my bedding set and other random things I have with him on it, so I think Robbie will enjoy the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment