Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A new old first.

It's been a few years since I've kept any sort of regular blog. Facebook doesn't really count in my book since it's just post and go.
Not that I'm complaining, mind you, since it makes everything so easy and I'd be lying if I said I don't appreciate convenience. But I miss the creativity that goes into blogging, the taking an everyday thing and making it entertaining for the masses. It makes for a good exercise in writing.
And, after laying on my couch in pain for the last eight hours, playing Angry Birds, I figured now was as good as time as any. The smug faces those pigs get after you fail a level were making me want to scream.
Stupid pigs.

Why was I laying on my couch for eight hours in pain, you ask?
That's a fairly simple answer. My galbladder decided it hates me and is bound to make my existence as miserable as possible for the short time it remains in my body.
Well...simple for anyone reading that sentence, the actual process has been a bit more complicated to live through. I'm pretty sure from now on whenever I hear someone use the metaphor "stabbed in the back" I will think back on the sharp, stabbing pains I feel under my right shoulder blade.. A little bit of a literal thought process, but I'm pretty sure betrayal was never this physically painful.
Unless your name was Caesar.

Hopefully sometime soon that will be over and I'll be on some very good drugs. I'll probably go nuts in the time I'm off work, but you take the bad with the good.

Has anyone else ever noticed health problems you have to take off work for never hit when you actually WANT time off work? That has to be another of Murphy's Laws. Someone should find Murphy and kick him.

I'm pretty sure I'm not making much sense anymore. I'm now kinda giddy that I remember how to do HTML. It's been YEARS. And I can do it from my phone. Wooo! I'll have to redo the layout when I actually feel like sitting at the computer for more than five minutes. Until then, it'll drive me nuts, but so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment